HOME / ABOUT US / LEADERSHIP TEAM
N.D.Suraj Goonawardhana, PhD
Dr. N D S Goonawardhana holds a doctorate in Forensic DNA Typing from the University of Colombo. He obtained a post-graduate diploma in Structural Molecular Biology from Birkbeck, University of London, and an advanced diploma in Business Management from NIBM, Sri Lanka. He is the founder of Synergy-Bio, the only local company that stepped up in 2010 to manufacture laboratory instruments that meet global standards. He plays an integral part in the design, fabrication, and development of machinery and the electrical components of the machinery produced at Synergy Bio.
- Contributed three novel forensic DNA markers that are uniquely polymorphic within the Sri Lankan population.
- Demonstrated the potential of using di-nucleotide markers to analyze highly degraded forensic specimens in forensic
- Senior Scientist at Biomedical laboratory-02 at Gen. Sir John Kotelawala Defense University (2017- Present).
- Scientist at Genetech Research Institute (2014-2017)
- Scientist – Molecular Forensics at Genetech (2008 – 2014)
Major Prasanna Liyanage (Retd.)
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Major Liyanage holds a Masters in Business Administration from Edith Cowan University, Australia. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personal Management (CIPM) Sri Lanka and an associate H.R. consultant and certified H.R. auditor. He possesses a diploma in Psychological Operations (Change Management) and a diploma in Civil Administration from John F Kennedy Special Warfare Centre and School, Fort Bragg, USA. Currently serving as a consultant for numerous companies with a total HRM experience that extends through 26 years, he was instrumental in setting up H.R. Department and H.R. systems and procedures for almost all companies, catapulting them to the next level.
Former Activities and Contributions
- General Manager Human Resources and Administration at Remedium One (Pvt) Ltd (2016 – 2019)
- Head of Human Resources at Brave Guard Security and Investigation (Pvt) Ltd. (2011 – 2016)
- Head of Human Resources at The Finance PLC (2010 – 2011)
- Group Assistant Manager, Human Resources at George Steuart’s and Co. (Pvt) Ltd (2006 – 2010)
- Major (Senior Officer Grade) at Sri Lankan Army (1993 – 2006)
- Professional Counselor and a member of the Institute of Professional Counselors.
Head of Finance
Mr. N.D.P Goonawardhana possesses over forty-five years of experience in Credit Marketing, Recoveries, and Administration. His career began in the field of Accounting, but he diverted towards Credit Marketing and Recoveries. He contributes his wealth of experience in Accounting and Finance to lead the Finance sector of Synergy Bio.
Former Activities and Contributions
- Senior Zonal Manager at Alliance Finance PLC. (2009 – Present)
- Manager Microcredit at Alliance Finance PLC. (2003 – 2009)
- Manager Recoveries at The Alliance Finance Company (2002 – 2003)
- Manager at The Finance Company PLC (1990 – 2001)
- Accounts Assistant at The Finance Company (1985 – 1990)
- Assistant Accountant in the National Livestock Company Limited (LLC), Muscat, Oman (1979 – 1982)
- Bookkeeper at The State Timber Corporation (1969 – 1979)
Thusitha Saranga Ketiyape Samarasekara
Chief Engineer Automation
Mr. Thusitha Samarasekara graduated with a B.Sc. (Hons) in Engineering, specialized in Electronics and Telecommunication from the University of Moratuwa. He is contributing his invaluable experience gained in the field of engineering to design and develop the electronic components of the equipment at Synergy Bio.
- Chief Engineer (GCS Development) at UAV Research Centre, Sri Lanka Air Force. (2012 – 2017)
- Trainee Engineer at Suntel Limited (2006 – 2007)
- Engineer (VAS) at Dialog Telekom PLC (2007 – 2008)
- Lecturer (contract basis) at Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, University of Moratuwa. (2009 – 2010)
- System Analyst (contract basis) at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, University of Moratuwa. (2010 – 2011)